KOGAS R&D Center has set its own vision of "Global Leading Energy Technology R&D Center." It has expanded its R&D scope into overall energy fields, cultivating core competencies in upstream businesses, new energy and future growth engines. Furthermore, it is actively building an advanced R&D system through an expanded network with domestic and overseas energy R&D institutes.
R&D Goals : Global Competitiveness of Gas Technology
Upstream R&D :
- To create core values by developing technologies for LNG liquefaction plants and storage tanks
- To secure evaluation technologies in resource development
- To develoop nydrogen fuel cell technology and lead the future hydrogen economy
- To lay the foundation for commercialization of thchnologies of DME catalysts and production processes
- To secure and commercialize the technologies of KC-1 cargo countainment verification
- toglobalize the operation and diagnosis production and distribution facility technologies
- to develop twchnologies - to develop thchnologies for facilities safety checks
- To build an R&D system in consideration of strategicts and commercialzation value
- To opimize management processes
As safety is integral to a processing industry like the LNG business, the safety management technologies developed by KOGAS holds value not only for its future safe operation but also as roadmaps for application to other industries as well. We also develop safety facilities to prevent industrial incidents and protect the corporation from losses.